Camp Scholarship - AGAPE INTERNATIONAL CAMPS – SCHOLARSHIPS
Date: 30/07/2023 - 17/08/2023
Arrivals at 17:00 del 30 July
Departures at 10:00 del 17 August
Applications are being accepted from 15 March until 30 April 2023 for the Scholarship programme for the International Adult Camps in summer 2023. Anyone can apply for the camps as long as they are interested in the proposed themes and wish to participate in the community life of the Centre. It is precisely this being together that lays the foundations for a deeper exchange and encounter. An Agape camp is primarily a place for meeting, dialogue and sharing a time of life to get involved and exchange views on a topical issue. Camps are a mixture of (little!) rest in a quiet mountain resort, an immersion among the most diverse people and an active and participative learning context. You have to love all these dimensions to get along well!
30/07/2023 – 05/08/2023: International Theological Camp – Hope_less in Hope
05/08/2023 – 11/08/2023: International Oikonomia Camp – The productivity of the machine the sea and the sleeping child.
11/08/2023 – 17/08/2023: International Ultragender Camp – LET US PLAY!
Agape offers different types of scholarships to facilitate access to people who want to participate in international camps. To participate and apply for a scholarship, you must be 18 years of age or older. The programme covers all or part of the costs of your stay at Agape and possibly travel expenses. All applications will be carefully assessed. In particular, priority will be given to applications from people wishing to take part in all three of our international camps and/or to do volunteer work for the camps, but it is also possible to apply for a scholarship for just one or two camps.
Scholarships are awarded to applicants according to the following criteria. It is very important to refer to these points when completing the application. Priority will be given to applicants:
- who have never participated in an Agape camp;
- who show interest in the proposed activities and are motivated to come to Agape;
- who intend to participate in all three international camps;
- who can provide a letter of support from an organisation or group that is already part of the Agape network or wishes to establish contact with our Centre;
- who will share their experience with others once they have returned to their own community;
You can apply for a scholarship to participate in 1, 2 or 3 camps and at the same time apply for a workcamp (volonteer “work”) according to the following options:
- A: Participation in 3 camps with coverage of accommodation and travel costs;
- B: Participation in 2 camps and workcamp (volonteer “work”) at the 3rd camp with coverage of accommodation and travel costs;
- C: Participation in 2 camps with accommodation costs covered;
- D: Participation in 1 camp with coverage of subsistence costs;
- E: No costs coverage, voluntary participation
In addition to the option you must select a cost coverage:
- 3/3: The entire cost of the stay is covered by Agape;
- 2/3: Two thirds of the cost of the stay is covered by Agape;
- 1/3: One third of the cost of the stay is covered by Agape;
Please note that whichever scholarship you choose, visa and health insurance costs are not covered.
Those who obtain a scholarship must participate in 100% of the camp activities. It is not possible to arrive after the start of the camp or to leave early.
When completing the application, please tell us how much of your trip you can contribute. We suggest that you apply for a maximum of 90% of your travel costs, but you can also apply for full reimbursement if necessary.
- Select the schoalrship you are applying for in the table below and fill in the application form at the bottom of this page;
- Send a motivation letter with: your presentation, the reason why you wish to participate in the camps and in the community dimension of the Centre, any voluntary activities you have carried out and how you imagine to bring what you have experienced in Agape into your context
- Send a letter of support from your organisation, if available, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The application must be sent no later than 30 April 2023.
For more info contact us:
Tel: (+39) 0121 807514
We are waiting for you!