International Oikonomia / Workcamp Camp - Economic ConnÆctions
International Oikonomia / Workcamp Camp
Date: 10/08/2019 - 17/08/2019
Arrivals at 17:00 of 10 August
Departures at 09:00 of 17 August
NEW FOR 2019
Economic events affect individuals both on a social and a personal level. Today, such consequences are creating the perception that democracy ends where the market begins: balancing everyone’s interests, a great achievement of civilisation, does not seem to universally affect the “natural” laws of the market. Civil society is struggling with a financial system where human beings are considered as value-makers, not as valuable creatures.
Can a new economic system overcome this two-sided view, thus paving the way for new paths of plural economies? How can individuals participate in an economic transformation for the benefit of all? What networks and experiences can support our quest? Where do we need to imagine new social practices?
We need not think only about the impact of the financial sector on our lives, because our lives can also impact the economy. Let us analyse, discover and imagine together a new Oikonomia, a home for our life.Participating in a camp at Agape means to take a part in the community life of the Center for a week. Those who come to Agape, whether to take part in a camp, in a study visit or to spend some time off, are invited to respect some rules.
- Participants accept taking part in the camp life and its educational activities entirely.
- In case you leave in advance, fees won’t be reimbursed, not even partially.
- Guests have to bring a valid ID.
- We ask each participant to help setting the table and drying dishes, both because it is a necessary support and because to us, this is a way of sharing our work.
- Agape is not responsible for accidents or damage happening during the camps in case of violation of internal rules. The Center is responsible for participants’ cash and belongings only if these are given to Agape to be kept in a safe. Agape will ask for the refund of any damage caused by the guests.
- During winter time, it snows in Agape (which is at 1,600 meters a.s.l.). You will need to bring warm and comfortable clothes and shoes.
- The rooms have three or four beds each and bathrooms are on the same floor. There are no single or double rooms. Agape provides sheets and blankets, but guests are required to bring their own towels.
- Due to health and safety rules, it is not allowed to bring dogs or other animals to Agape.
- Agape cannot provide medicines. Since the pharmacy in Prali is not open every day, you will need to bring the medicine you need with you.
Fees according to your possibilities
Maximum campers: 65
Le iscrizioni per questo campo non sono aperte. Le iscrizioni ai campi estivi aprono il 15 marzo, ai campi invernali il 15 novembre, ai campi che si tengono in primavera il 15 gennaio