International Ultragender Camp - Two spirits, one heart and all kinds of gender we want to put in it
International Ultragender Camp
Date: 28/07/2018 - 04/08/2018
Arrivals at17:30 of 28 July
Departures at 09:00 of 04 August
This year the traditional week of great works on Agape’s stones and wood changes its look! We will continue to work shoulder to shoulder for the ordinary management of the centre and with non-formal education methods, games and interactive techniques, we will devote time to de-construct gender stereotypes, creating and sharing new languages, exploring how unity is possible in our diversity to promote best practice for inclusion in our realities.
According to Sam Killermann “Gender is like a Rubik’s Cube with one hundred squares per side, and every time you twist it to take a look at another angle, you make it that much harder a puzzle to solve.” In the tradition of the original peoples of North America there was nothing easier to understand. In our wooden and glazed hall where it is easy to observe, in our young forest garden where we can almost lose ourselves, we will find ourselves in a space where every spirit of every kind is welcome and where we can reflect and explore the variegated world of our gender identities.
THE OBJECTIVES OF THIS WEEK ARE:
TO INCREASE KNOWLEDGE ABOUT GENDER AND SEXUAL IDENTITY.
TO INCREASE AWARENESS ABOUT OUR OWN GENDER IDENTITIES AND THE WAY IT IS MANIFESTED IN TODAY’S WORLD.
EMPOWER PEOPLE TO BE ADVOCATES IN THEIR WORKPLACES AND COMMUNITIES TO PROMOTE BEST PRACTICE FOR INCLUSION AND CONFLICT TRANSFORMATION.
PRODUCE A DOCUMENT EXPLORING HOW UNITY IS POSSIBLE IN OUR DIVERSITY (IE. ULTRAGENDER)
USE NON-FORMAL EDUCATION METHODS TO GIVE VOICE TO LESS VISIBLE VOICES IN OUR CONTEXTS
THE DECONSTRUCTION OF GENDER STEREOTYPES THROUGH GAMES AND INTERACTIVE TECHNIQUES (ROLE PLAYS, THEATRE, ART, DANCE, YOGA, DRAWING, ETC…)
GUIDE INDIVIDUAL AND GROUP REFLECTION APPROACHES TO ENHANCE CONFIDENCE AND COMFORT WHEN TALKING ABOUT GENDER ISSUES
TESTIMONIES OF LIVED EXPERIENCE
For more information: https://agapeultragenderinternationalcamp.wordpress.com/
- To Apply for a PLACE at the camp please fill out the form found at the end of this page, we apologise as it is a standard format that we can’t modify at the moment. When you get here you will be able to present yourself in a more comprehensive application form .
- Participating in an Agape International Camp means that you will be living closely with people from many countries and cultures. Respect is essential.
- All those attending this camp will be expected to assist with the work of running the centre, including preparing the food, washing the dishes, working the rooms, gardening, working in the bar etc…/ This helps us keep the cost of attending the camp as low as possible, as you will see there are three possible fees: please choose according to your possibilities.
- You do not need to speak English to attend this camp. Translations will be provided into English, Italian, French and Spanish every day.
- Participating in a camp at Agape means being part of the Agape Community life for a week. Those who come to Agape to participate in a camp invited to respect other participants.
- Early departures and late arrivals are not permitted out of respect for the group. The times for arrival and reception, the first day of the camp, are important to be respected for logistical and organizational reasons, in the same way, punctuality is important for the day times for the arrival and the reception, the first day of the camp, are important to respect for logistic and organizational reasons. We therefore ask you to arrive no earlier than 5.00 pm on the day of arrival. (If you are arriving in Prali by bus, the please contact us and we will welcome you!) Likewise, punctuality is important for the day of departure, scheduled between 9.30 and 10.30 am.
- In the case of damage to property, Agape will request the reimbursement of damages caused by the guests.
- If we can help you plan your trip in any way, with logistical information you can contact the office email@example.com .
- Agape can not administer medicines. If there are special needs it is necessary to provide the necessary before arriving. Prali’s pharmaceutical dispensary is not open every day.
- Adults and young people over the age of 15 must have an identity card or a valid document.
- Agape can not host dogs or other animals in the Center for reasons of hygiene.
- Agape provides blankets and sheets, but you need to bring your own towels. The rooms have three or four beds, with bathrooms on the floor; there are no single or double rooms. You are welcome to request with whom you wish to share.
- During the camp there will be a short hike in the beautiful Italian mountains: it is therefore necessary to bring warm clothes, boots (or sturdy sneakers), a small backpack and water bottle.
- You will have the opportunity to privately speak with the staff at the beginning of the field if you have concerns you do not wish to share in writing that may affect your participation in the activities of the camp.
- It is very important to report in advance any medical problems (medicines, allergies, diabetes, phobias, etc …), or dietetic (food allergies, forbidden foods, etc .., in these cases it would be really important that you report any need at least a week before, to allow the kitchen to equip itself properly.
- We remind you that Agape is located high in the beautiful mountains at more than 1600 meters above sea level and, even in summer, the evenings can be cold.
- Participants accept taking part in the camp life and its educational activities entirely.
- In case you leave in advance, fees won’t be reimbursed, not even partially.
- Guests have to bring a valid ID.
- We ask each participant to help setting the table and drying dishes, both because it is a necessary support and because to us, this is a way of sharing our work.
- Agape is not responsible for accidents or damage happening during the camps in case of violation of internal rules. The Center is responsible for participants’ cash and belongings only if these are given to Agape to be kept in a safe. Agape will ask for the refund of any damage caused by the guests.
- During winter time, it snows in Agape (which is at 1,600 meters a.s.l.). You will need to bring warm and comfortable clothes and shoes.
- The rooms have three or four beds each and bathrooms are on the same floor. There are no single or double rooms. Agape provides sheets and blankets, but guests are required to bring their own towels.
- Due to health and safety rules, it is not allowed to bring dogs or other animals to Agape.
- Agape cannot provide medicines. Since the pharmacy in Prali is not open every day, you will need to bring the medicine you need with you.
Fees according to your possibilities.
Maximum campers: 65
Le iscrizioni per questo campo non sono aperte. Le iscrizioni ai campi estivi aprono il 15 marzo, ai campi invernali il 15 ottobre, ai campi che si tengono in primavera il 15 gennaio