International Oikonomia / Workcamp Camp - TIDBIT – HOW TO LOCKDOWN in A BURNING HOUSE, AND SAVE IT ALL!– CLIMATE, HEALTH CRISIS AND ECONOMY
International Oikonomia / Workcamp Camp
Date: 31/07/2020 - 01/06/2021
Arrivals at 00:00 of 31 July
Departures at 23:59 of 01 June
This year the tidbits of the adult camps are also for children that turned already 16.
The current situation, as we know, does not allow us to do the camps in Agape. For that to imagine alternatives is a challenge that we are all facing with commitment but which also presents many difficulties. Despite this year’s obstacles, we want to bring Agape out of Agape, proposing not only activities but trying to recreate a sense of community and continuity for all the people who would have been part of the Agapina summer and who unfortunately will not be able to meet in person, smile, talk and blend together. We therefore decided to elaborate tidbits of what the camps would have been: different and various activities, some in front of the screen, others organized independently and shared after in dedicated moments. For participation, we ask you for a symbolic donation, around € 30 or what you can afford and which you would like Agape to have! Here is our IBAN: IT85T 07601 01000 0000 2037 8105.
“[…] a view of land is, of course, subject to the blurs and distortions of personal experience and personal bias. But wherever the truth may lie, this much is crystal clear: our bigger-and-better society is now like a hypochondriac, so obsessed with its own economic health as to have lost the capacity to remain healthy. The whole world is so greedy for more bathtubs that it has lost the stabiliy necessary to build them, or even to turn off the tap. […] a shift of value can be achieved by reappraising things unnatural, tame, and confined in terms of things natural, wild, and free”. Aldo Leopold – 1948
The Greek term Oikonomia originally refers to the „rules of the house, yet Economy has become something else in postindustrial times. What if, once more, we were to see the economy as a way of looking after the house we are all living in, our world, our planet?
During this current pandemic apparently strong and functioning economies exposed contradictions and faults in money flows, social injustice, poverty, wealth, health care systems and education. Is this an evidence of what “Club of Rome“ already reported in 1972, there can not be endless growth on a finite planet?
The aims of the camp are therefore to:
– talk about how we can intervene and change the current system, perhaps discovering a wild essence within ourselves, a natural connection that is there to help us despite all.
– create a path of observation and sharing of information, practices, research of the transformations of ecosystems and economic systems during a year of pandemic.
– understand the relationship between economic behavior and environmental suffering (human’s included), through debates and non-formal learning activities.
– organize ourselves, share our knowledge and get into action, as a group, as a community despite physical distancing and borders.
To subscribe just send an email to email@example.com attaching the file scheda iscrizione.. We have a maximum number of registrations for each field, we will give priority to those who had already enrolled or enrolled in the field or was on the waiting list.Participating in a camp at Agape means to take a part in the community life of the Center for a week. Those who come to Agape, whether to take part in a camp, in a study visit or to spend some time off, are invited to respect some rules.
- Participants accept taking part in the camp life and its educational activities entirely.
- In case you leave in advance, fees won’t be reimbursed, not even partially.
- Guests have to bring a valid ID.
- We ask each participant to help setting the table and drying dishes, both because it is a necessary support and because to us, this is a way of sharing our work.
- Agape is not responsible for accidents or damage happening during the camps in case of violation of internal rules. The Center is responsible for participants’ cash and belongings only if these are given to Agape to be kept in a safe. Agape will ask for the refund of any damage caused by the guests.
- During winter time, it snows in Agape (which is at 1,600 meters a.s.l.). You will need to bring warm and comfortable clothes and shoes.
- The rooms have three or four beds each and bathrooms are on the same floor. There are no single or double rooms. Agape provides sheets and blankets, but guests are required to bring their own towels.
- Due to health and safety rules, it is not allowed to bring dogs or other animals to Agape.
- Agape cannot provide medicines. Since the pharmacy in Prali is not open every day, you will need to bring the medicine you need with you.
Maximum campers: 0
Prenotazioni online non sono disponibili per questo campo.